The Krendel Gaming License is intended to provide you with the ability to freely create and publish supplementary material to the Krendel system, be it in the form of settings, new powers, new methods, new method styles, new creatures, new equipment, new optional rules, new expertises, new effects, or similar, but not to freely redistribute or claim the original work as your own. Any interpretation of this license must be aligned with this intent.
By exercising any licensed rights below, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms of this license. To the extent that this license may be interpreted as a contract, the licensor grants you the licensed rights in consideration for your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Derivative Work is defined by 17 U.S.C. Section 101 and includes any work based upon one or more preexisting work, such as translations, modifications, annotations, collections, elaborations, adaptations, or similar.
- Distribute means to publish, copy, broadcast, transmit, sell, license, sell, publicly display, or otherwise distribute.
- Original Work is defined as the body of work (e.g. book, pdf, etc.) that is published with the Krendel Gaming License.
- You means the licensee. Your has a corresponding meaning.
License Grant: The Licensor grants you a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to create and distribute derivative works based upon the original work so long as:
- You only include game mechanics, such as game specific terms, frameworks, and procedures, from the original work as necessary for the derivative work.
- You may not include aspects that lend to the identity of the original work, including identifying marks, such as trademarks, trade dress, and logos, signature items and characters, artwork, or similar.
- You clearly and prominently label the derivative work as being derived from the original work (e.g. a label stating "Krendel Compatible", "Based on Krendel ", "For use with the Krendel System", or similar).
- You take reasonable steps to clearly label, demarcate or otherwise identify the changes made to the original work, including identification of the original work used.
- Your derivative work is distributed under and includes an unmodified copy of the Krendel Gaming License.
- You may not claim further contribution or endorsement from the original work or its owner(s) without written permission.
Offer and Acceptance: By creating a derivative work you indicate your acceptance of the terms of this License.
Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, that provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
Termination: If you fail to or are unable to comply with all terms of this license, then this license is automatically terminated with respect to that derivative work.
Applicable Law: You agree that this agreement shall be interpreted and governed by the laws of the State of Washington.